[netcdf-java] METOP BUFR to NetCDF

Dear List,

I need to read METOP BUFR products (AMSU-A, GRAS, MHS). My objective is to
convert BUFR to a more friendly format like NetCDF or HDF. Preferably I
would prefer a command line interface to automate this conversion. I managed
to read the BUFR files with Netcdf Tools UI 4.1. However, when I try to save
them in netcdf or hdf with option "write local netCDF file" I get an error
saying:

"illegal dataType for netcdf-3: Structure"

This Structure element is created when the BUFR is read. I believe is part
of the CDM, so this error seems strange to me.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Carlos.