[netcdf-java] Performance comparison of C and Java NetCDF

Hi all,

As we've discussed on this list before, reliably measuring i/o performance is
very hard, but does anyone know of any comparisons, rigorous or otherwise,
between the performance of C and Java NetCDF libs?

I last looked at this a few years ago and don't remember finding much
significant difference.

Cheers, Jon