Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF jars=>Maven Central Repos?

Hello all

I have been silent for a long time, busy on other tasks. But now I would like to work on this Maven Central task (it is a blocker issue for Geotoolkit.org release).

Since we can not fix the 4.2 deployment, I suggest to create a new release: 4.2.1. This release would contains only two artifacts in the edu.ucar group.

   * unidatacommon,  which has no dependency.
   * netcdf, which depends on the following:
         o unidatacommon
         o slf4j-api
         o slf4j-jdk14 (by default, user may exclude this dependency and choose
           an other one).

_*
I think*_ that the following dependencies are optional, most of them required only if we use OpenDap. Can someone confirm please?

         o bufrTables
         o opendap
         o jdom
         o commons-httpclient
         o commons-codec
         o commons-logging
         o ehcache

Given that we have not yet sorted out the OpenDap licensing issue, I suggest to leave OpenDap and its dependencies out for now, and maybe add them in a 4.2.2 release. Does anyone agree with this plan?

There is a proposal for the unidatacommon pom.xml file: http://hg.geotoolkit.org/netcdf-deploy/file/tip/unidatacommon.xml I will update the netcdf pom.xml proposal after we get confirmation of the minimal set of dependencies.

Regards,

    Martin