[netcdf-java] Using NetCDF Java in Servlet

Hi,

I am a newbie for NetCDF-Java library. I try to use this library directly in
the
Servlet environment to access THREDDS nc aggregation datasets. Here are some
codes I put together:

-

Set<Enhance> DATASET_ENHANCEMENTS =EnumSet.of(Enhance.ScaleMissingDefer);

NetcdfDataset nc=NetcdfDataset.openDataset(

                        "MY_THREDDS_URL",
DATASET_ENHANCEMENTS,

                        -1,                                       null,

                        null

                        );

List<Variable> l=nc.getVariables();

Variable vv=null;

for(Variable v:l)

{

    if(v.getName().equals("time"))

    {

        vv=v;

        break;

    }

}

Array arr;

List<Range> ranges=new ArrayList<Range>();

try {

    r = new Range(8759,8759);

    ranges.add(r);

    arr=vv.read(ranges);

} catch (InvalidRangeException e) {

      e.printStackTrace();

}
nc.close();

My question is:

If all variables are defined locally, are these methods guaranteed to be
thread-safe?

If my approach is not appropriate, is there a preferred suite of
classes/methods that I should look into?

Thanks,

Guan