[netcdf-java] DateRange Time Resolution usage

Hi All,

I am attempting to use the Enhanced Version of NetCDFDataset to detect
timesteps in my gridded data, this will help me create animation
controllers without too much mucking around. The getTimeDates returns a
reasonable array.

The time field details specifies:

time:units = "hours since 2009-02-22 00:00:00 +00" ;

I was expecting hour to be picked up as the time resolution, instead I get:

start= 2009-02-23 00:00:00Z end= 2009-03-07 00:00:00Z duration= 12.0 days
resolution= null

I can back calculate the resolution, but the DateRange should be properly
populated. Is this a contingency in case the time dimension is not evenly
incrementing ?

Cheers,

Tisham.