[netcdf-java] [GRIB] writing, encoding a GRIB file

Hello,

I am developing an application that handles GRIB files and we use netcdf Java
for much of that.  One of the demands is that this application must also output
(modified) GRIB files. I know this isn't possible with the netcdf library. Is
there a technical reason netcdf doesn't support that?
And, do you have suggestions for tools (preferably in java) that could handle
the wring of GRIB files.

Thanks,
Martijn