Re: [netcdf-java] Errors reading certain NetCDF4 data

Michael,

You are not alone.
I had the same issue and posted it on this mailing list on early November 2014:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf-java/msg02075.html

Some part of my problem:
[ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile] DEBUG Using IOSP ucar.nc2.iosp.hdf5.H5iosp
[ucar.nc2.iosp.hdf5.H5header] ERROR bad version 72 at filePos 22386

I get this error after applying ncks for chunking NetCDF3 file and get
NetCDF4 as output.

At first I thought that it is an ncks issue, but another trouble like this
http://sourceforge.net/p/nco/discussion/9830/thread/152db6f2/
suggests of incompatibility of APIs throught NetCDFJava releases, not NCO issue.

The trouble is both with NetCDF Java 4.3 and 4.5.

I wrote about NetCDF4 issue on early November 2014 and I do not have a
workaround or fix from NetCDF Java developers still.