[netcdf-java] System output disabled using netcdfAll-5.1.0.jar

I recently upgraded from an older version of NetCDF Java (4.6.8) to
netcdfAll-5.1.0.jar

Funny thing. When I call NetcdfFile.open for the first time, it disables
System.out.   I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to prevent it from doing
so.

There are, of course, many applications where it is inappropriate to write to
System.out (Java Servlets come to mind).  But I have some simple utilities that
print diagnostic information to System.out.  And for my purposes, writing to
system output is exactly what I want to do.   So any help on this matter would
be appreciated.

Also, System.err seems to be unaffected.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary