Installing netCDF under HP-UX 8.0 failed

I just tried to install the latest version (2.02)
of the netCDF package on an HP-APOLLO 400 running HP-UX 8.0.
I ran into several problems:
- The executable files created by the make process did not have the
  executable bit set so they couldn't be executed; fixed by adding a
  'chmod u+x $@' line in the corresponding Makefiles
- Making 'test' i.e. running the self-test of the package results in the
  following output:

Making `test' in /users/dockhorn/netCDF/netcdf/xdr
*** XDR passes formatted test ***
*** XDR passes binary test ***
Making `test' in /users/dockhorn/netCDF/netcdf/ncgen
*** Termination code 136

Stop.
Making `test' in /users/dockhorn/netCDF/netcdf/ncdump
*** ncdump test successful ***
Making `test' in /users/dockhorn/netCDF/netcdf/nctest
        ./nctest
--- Testing nccreate ...
--- Testing ncopen ...
*** test_ncopen: ncendef failed after ncattput
--- Testing ncredef ...
*** test_ncredef: ncopen failed
--- Testing ncendef ...
*** test_ncendef: ncopen failed
and so on (always an error with ncopen).

Can anyone help me fixing this problem(s) ?

Thanx a lot in advance,
                        Patsch

Patrick Dockhorn - INTERNET (HP)     :  dockhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       "We are sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary."
           "Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again."

  • Search the netcdfgroup archives: