Hasn't anyone heard of ELM?

For those of you who are annoyed by the constant interuption of mail messages
from this group:

Elm is a PUBLIC DOMAIN screen based mail program that is much much better than
tranditional mail reading programs. One of its best features is the ability to
sort mail easily. I currently have it set to filter incoming messages and store
them in files which I can then READ AT MY LEASURE.  One of my sort rules is
if the "From" field of the mail message contains the string "netcdfgroup" then
I save it to a file called netcdfgroup. There is an option to list all messages
that have been written to file. I believe this is the feature that most
"digest proponents" want. It is very simple to use ask your system
administrator to get it and install it.

Elm has a USENET newsgroup which seems pretty active called comp.mail.elm

The only info I have for inquiring how to obtain it is an email address:

elm@xxxxxxxxxx or dsinc!elm

I think that the anonymous ftp sight dsinc.dsi.com contains a compressed
distribution of elm2.4.tar.Z in the directory called /elm.

There is no reason why a mailing list subscription should cause you so
much pain. Get your sysop to install elm.

        -ethan

--
Ethan Alpert  internet: ethan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Standard Disclaimer:
Scientific Visualization Group,             | I represent myself only.

  • Search the netcdfgroup archives: