Efficiency on a CRAY

Hello,

I am converting CRAY floating-point binaries to NetCDF's, but it is very
expensive.  For example, A loop of 6 ncvarput's (FORTRAN binding) processing
a total of 0.5 Megawords costs about 10 CPU seconds.  I suspect that function
calls to XDR are inhibiting vectorization.  Has anyone dealt with this
problem before?

--
  William Weibel                        |  weibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Department of Atmospheric Sciences    |