Re: NetCDF Digest - Vol 1 : Issue 265

Rob,

I have written example FORTRAN programs for the ARM data which may
help you.  These are acessible by anonymous FTP to arm.gov in
directory pub/src.  The compressed tar files you want are
netCDF.routines.tar.Z and samplesoftware.f.tar.Z

If these do not answer your question, please feel free to contact
me at jc_liljegren@xxxxxxx

Jim Liljegren
Pacific Northwest Laboratory
Richland, WA

 >  Basically,  I am trying to write a general program that will extract
 >  specific data from a number of different dates. Each day of the ARM
 >  data is written as another file. My problem is that each day has
 >  different number of observations. For example, there might be 712,
 >  716, and 706 data points for November 8, 9, and 10.  My understanding
 >  is that the dimensional count has to be exact and constant (i.e. put
 >  in a PARAMETER statement) when I write a FORTRAN program to extract
 >  data. Is there some way that I can accompany non-constant time counts
 >  when working with more than one file at a time? Please instruct me or
 >  give me ideas.
 >

 >  Thank you.
 >
 >  Rob Levy
 >  Department of Atmospheric Science
 >  Colorado State University

 >  End of NetCDF Digest [Volume 1 Issue 265]

  • Search the netcdfgroup archives: