Re: autoconf on Linux/opteron

Hmm - OK - I now see where that is mentioned in the web help pages - I
should have looked there first; but why not have configure set them?

Also, most of my experience has been on linux where there is a decided
preference towards building shared libs.  For the netCDF build, as
well as the DODS libs, everything seems to be geared towards static
libs.  Is there a reason for this?  (I don't know - I'm just
wondering).

The Fortran compilers were the g77-3.4, with f2c, and the g95 compiler
from the g95 site, precompiled for AMD64.

thanks for your help
Harry

--
Cheers, Harry