RE: Manipulating netCDF files (ncdigest V1 #922)

The replies are providing an interesting comparison of packages for
manipulating netCDF files.

Here is my solution using (and shameless plug for) NAP (a.k.a. tcl-nap),
whose home is
http://tcl-nap.sourceforge.net

I wrote the following shell script named 'change_nc_value':

$ cat change_nc_value
#!/bin/sh
tclsh << END
nap "in = [nap_get netcdf $1 $2]"
[nap "in == $3 ? $4 : in"] netcdf $1 $2
END

I then tested it as follows:

$ ncdump G.nc
netcdf G {
dimensions:
        d = 8 ;
variables:
        float X(d) ;
data:

 X = 27, 32.5, 32, 30.1, 29, 40, 32, 45 ;
}
$ change_nc_value G.nc X 32 45
$ ncdump G.nc
netcdf G {
dimensions:
        d = 8 ;
variables:
        float X(d) ;
data:

 X = 27, 32.5, 45, 30.1, 29, 40, 45, 45 ;
}

Harvey Davies, CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research,
Private Bag No. 1, Aspendale 3195
E-mail: harvey.davies@xxxxxxxx
Office: 03 9239 4556
Mobile: 04 2241 7563

Number
  > 922
  >

  > Today's Topics:
  > Manipulating netCDF files
  > Re: Manipulating netCDF files
  > Re: Manipulating netCDF files
  > Re: Manipulating netCDF files
  > Re: Manipulating netCDF files
  > RE: Manipulating netCDF files

  > Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:32:16 -0600
  > From: "Waylon.Collins" <Waylon.Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  > Subject: Manipulating netCDF files
  >
  > Dear group members,
  >
  > After reviewed the Unidata list of software that manipulates netCDF
  > files, I have yet to find one that can perform the following task --
  > need command-line software (that can run in a Redhat Enterprise
Linux

*
*
  > * USA