Re: [netcdfgroup] What does nc_open returning 24 mean?

OK, for those who encounter this later it is because despite the files
being open read only they do need to be closed. Thanks to: giuliani,
Hannes, and Timothy for point this out to me so quickly. :-)

I'm brand new at this stuff so I appreciate the help immensely!

On 10/22/07, Nathaniel Nutter <iam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm having a hard time searching for this on the mailing list archive
> and Google due to the unhelpfully constraining nature of a number and
> 'return'.
>
> I am running a program that reads in data every 'month' and it goes
> through many years and then mysteriously returns non-zero after
> opening the same files dozens of times.
>
> Every time prior (again dozens) it returns zero. The file is being
> opened read-only, no changes are being made to it.
>
> Debugging info from my program:
> nc_open status = 24
> filename = dat/ts.nc
>
> Nate Nutter