Re: [netcdfgroup] var_par_access and the C interface

Tiago Pereira <tiago@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> According to the NetCDF C interface documentation, the default setting
> for parallel read/write operations on a variable is
> collective. However, this is the opposite behaviour of the F77/F90
> interfaces, and this presentation also says otherwise:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/workshops/2009/pnetcdf/Collective.html
>
> Which one is correct? What is the default behaviour for the C
> interface, collective or independent read/writes? I am using NetCDF
> 4.1.1.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tiago

Howdy Tiago!

The default in all cases is independent access.

This was a documentation bug in the C (and F77) manuals. I have fixed
this, and the fixes will be in tomorrow's snapshot release, and in the
next full release. Thanks for pointing this out!

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Search the netcdfgroup archives: