Re: [netcdfgroup] NC4 question

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 01:45:16PM -0600, Wei Huang wrote:
> Hi, there,
>
> I tried to open a NetCDF3 file with NetCDF4 (parallel-enabled) code (as
> below),
> and get the error message:
>
> Problem to open: <vdras_input.nc>.
> Error status: NetCDF: Parallel operation on file opened for non-parallel
> access
> Stop in file: <input_vdras_nc.F90>, line:   58
>
> Anyone knows what is wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wei
>
> -----
>
> ! Open the file.
>
>    status = nf90_open(trim(input_flnm), NF90_NOWRITE, ncid, &
>                       comm = MPI_COMM_WORLD, &
>                       info = MPI_INFO_NULL)

When you pass in the comm and info parameters, you'll end up calling
nc_open_par, and that's apparently not valid for a NetCDF3 file...

I think if you have configured your NetCDF4 with parallel-netcdf
support, then you can read this classic formatted file in parallel.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA