Re: [netcdfgroup] release of version 4.2 of the netCDF Fortran libraries...

Hello

I'm having a problem building the new Fortran version.

FC=ifort F77=ifort CPPFLAGS="-I /opt/netcdf4/include/" ./configure

compiles but 'make check' fails during linking.

FC=ifort F77=ifort CPPFLAGS="-I /opt/netcdf4/include/" LDFLAGS="-L
/opt/netcdf4/lib" ./configure

checking size of float... 0
checking size of double... 0
checking size of off_t... configure: error: in
`/data/bold/compile/netcdf-fortran-4.2':
configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
See `config.log' for more details

i.e. by adding LDFLAGS ./configure fails.

Karsten

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 08:54:41 -0600, Ed Hartnett wrote:
> Howdy all!
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of version 4.2 of the netCDF
> Fortran libraries.
>
> The Fortran libraries include the Fortran 77 API (plus the legacy V2
> Fortran 77 API), and the Fortran 90 API.
>
> For the first time, the Fortran libraries are being released separately
> from the netCDF C library. This separation will allow us to better serve
> the needs of the Fortran community by eliminating unnecessary Fortran
> library updates and reducing our maintenance costs by making our build
> system(s) simpler.
>
> Other than the separation from the C libraries, there are only very
> minor changes to the Fortran libraries since the 4.1.3 release.
>
> To obtain the release, and to learn more, see:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/release-notes-fortran-4.2.html
>
> To build the netcdf-fortran libraries, the netCDF C library must already
> be installed. Set the CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS/LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental
> variables, if netCDF is not found in the default places.
>
> Please send feedback to support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ed
> --
> Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karsten Bolding                    Bolding & Burchard ApS
Strandgyden 25                     Phone: +45 64422058
DK-5466 Asperup                    Fax:   +45 64422068
Denmark                            Email: karsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.findvej.dk/Strandgyden25,5466,11,3

Q: What is irony?
A: Almost the same as goldy and bronzy - just made of iron ...