[netcdfgroup] netCDF-C 4.3.1 - Release Candidate 1 available

Hello all,

On behalf of the netCDF-C development team, we are happy to announce the availability of the the first release candidate for netCDF-C version 4.3.1.

Highlights of this release include:

* Support for renaming groups in netCDF-4 files (nc_group_rename).
* Support for dynamic loading, to complement the dynamic loading support introduced in hdf 1.8.11. * Ability to read HDF5 scalar numeric attributes, other HDF5-related improvements.
* Improved parallel-netcdf support.
* Numerous bug fixes.

Complete release notes may be found at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/release_notes.html

Source-code archives can be found at:

http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases/

Pre-built Windows binaries are available at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/winbin.html

Note that, for the time being, building from the source package provided by GitHub requires either:

1. Generating the 'configure' script and accompanying Makefile templates by invoking 'autoreconf -i -f' in the root directory.

or,

2. Using CMake to configure netCDF. Instructions here: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netCDF-CMake.html

We look forward to addressing any issues, questions or concerns which may arise from this release candidate.

Sincerely,

-Ward
Ward Fisher
wfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx