Re: [noaaport] setting up S300 receiver

Hi John,

I noticed that in the NWS recommended config for the S300 receiver, they manually set the symbol rate to 15.120 Msps. Is this just a relic of the S75 needing to have the symbol rate set automatically? Is there an advantage to manually setting it versus using the S300's automatic detection of the symbol rate? I set our S300 receivers to use auto detection so that if NWS increases the data rate later, I may not need to reconfigure the receiver -- and we have been receiving the NOAAport DVB-S2 signal fine with auto symbol rate detection on two S300 receivers -- but I don't want to lose data if this is a bad idea.

Thanks, and have a good weekend!

I don't know if it is a relic, but it's a great idea to have it automatically set; I don't know why there's a manual setting for it if it's autodetected. Take care!

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the noaaport archives: