Re: [noaaport] [ldm-users] signal

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013, Patrick L. Francis wrote:

something is wonkie with our noaaport signal, the most severe of which started this morning...

note the chart compilations here:
http://wn.hamweather.net/cn.html

comparing multiple sources showing similar c/n characteristics... anybody know what's going on? solar flares, alien invaders, rabid squirrels? :)

NWS switched to their backup uplink at 10 AM this morning, and I see it is likely still damaged from Sandy. The signal was bouncing up and down on their backup after the storm hit their backup facility.

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **