Re: [noaaport] Thorns amongst the roses...

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014, Daniel Forrest wrote:

I recently had a similar problem using the GOES-R simulator.

Just a guess, but if the data is coming in via UDP and the data rate is
higher than it was before then it may be a case of too little kernel
buffer space.  You can try this (assuming this is Linux):

cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
cat /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
cat /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default

Save these values, if this doesn't help you can reset them.

echo 16777216 >/proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo 16777216 >/proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
echo 16777216 >/proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
echo 16777216 >/proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default

And restart LDM.

If this works you can add these values to /etc/sysctl.conf.

Yep, we had those maxed out already. But it looks like it's
on Globecomm's end now...I hope. As Tyler said, we have
a fast server with plenty of memory, and Patrick Francis
has a monster server that should handle this with complete
ease.

So, they have 9 days before the feed gets commissioned...
time to get this straightened out. Out of order packets...
and dropped packets.

It's 2011 all over again!

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********