Re: THREDDS Data Server release plans

Other features we are planning or considering:

* The OPeNDAP/NetCDF server will be enhanced to replace the DODS Aggregation Server functionality. This should allow aggregation to be done efficiently on files other than NetCDF.
* add a built-in FTP and/or GridFTP server.
* read NetCDF-4 and HDF5 files.
* create aggregation services for point/station observation datasets.
* make all datasets viewable through the IDV

We would like to know what features are a priority for you over the next year. Please send your thoughts to thredds@unidata.

The combination of :

* The OPeNDAP/NetCDF server will be enhanced to replace the DODS Aggregation Server functionality. This should allow aggregation to be done efficiently on files other than NetCDF.
* create aggregation services for point/station observation datasets.

would be of high priority to us. In fact the whole issue of serving point/station observations, and integrating with gridded data (say overlaying fishery data on satellite data) is of high priority.

We aren't in th IDD, but we serve a lot of environmental data, including a large amount of satellite data (http://oceanwatch.pfel.noaa.gov ) . Would love to test this out, as NOAA Fisheries has many user who use ArcXX products, and interfacing OpeNDAP services with ESRIproducts has been of much concern.

Regards,

-Roy M.

--
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the Government or NOAA."

e-mail: Roy.Mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx (Note new e-mail address)
voice: (831)-648-9029
fax: (831)-648-8440
www: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/