Re: [thredds] THREDDS and Jetty

  • Subject: Re: [thredds] THREDDS and Jetty
  • From: Pauline Mak <Pauline.Mak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:55:28 +1100
Hi all,

I've installed the development version (4.0) on Jetty and it has detected the log4j config file correctly and has put everything in $JETTY_HOME/content/thredds!

Cheers,

-Pauline.

Pauline Mak wrote:
Hi all,

I've installed THREDDS on Jetty 6 and would like to find out if anyone else has done the same. It worked mostly, except it was looking for the config files in $JETTY_HOME/webapps/content/thredds. But on Tomcat, it's in $CONTAINER_HOME/content/thredds. It's also having difficulty finding the log4j config XML - it's looking for it in /opt/jetty-6.1.15.rc4/webapps/threddsWEB-INF/log4j.xml. I'm guessing something is not adding a separator in there...

Apart from having to manually copy the initialContents directory into $JETTY_HOME/webapps/content/thredds, the server installed without a hitch :)

I'm also planning to use Apache to handle authentication - so would I be missing anything if I use Jetty instead of Tomcat?

Cheers,

-Pauline.

--
Pauline Mak