Re: [thredds] Collection Metadata from Granules

Simon.Pigot@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Re: granularity

I don't have an answer on what level of granularity is appropriate - only to
mention that the harvester will have simple check boxes that allow you to
harvest services, collections and atomic dataset metadata - its a device to
which other options could be added. The whole concept of searching/identifying
and displaying hierarchical relations between dataset metadata records as well
as relationships between services records and the datasets they deliver is
still at a very early stage of development (at least in GeoNetwork :-)).

We use the harvest="true" attribute to identify those THREDDS dataset elements for which we want to create these kind of metadata records. This is a mechanism to make sure you dont have to open 1000's of identical files.

  • Search the thredds archives: