[thredds] netCDF Subsetting

Wow, I'm becoming quite excited about THREDDS serving our data!

I have a few questions about the netCDF Subset Service - and if there are particular references that I need to read, please point me in that direction.

1) Can I query a netCDF Subset by using a graphical bounding box (click-and-drag) as opposed to entering the values? Is this just a matter of adding the query tokens discussed in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/interfaceSpec/GridDataSubsetService.html

to the end of the netCDF Subset url?

2) My datasets (grids) have the NW corner specified as a global attribute:

// global attributes:
               :TypeName = "MergedReflectivityQComposite_smoothed" ;
               :DataType = "LatLonGrid" ;
               :Latitude = 51. ;
               :Longitude = -127. ;
               :Height = 0. ;

If I subset my grid, I would like to modify the Latitude and Longitude global attribute values to match the new NW corner of the subsetted grid. Can I do this through the TDS (say, via NcML)? How would I read the NW corner gridpoint from the data - or would I just set it from the query?

Many thanks!

-kevin.

Kevin L. Manross           |  ** New Address **
CIMMS Research Associate   |     120 David L. Boren Bvd
NSSL : WRDD : SWAT         |     Rm 3923
<kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx>   |     405.325.6385
www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross |
"My opinions are my own and not representative of
CIMMS, NSSL, NOAA or any affiliates"

  • Search the thredds archives: