[thredds] GFS data from motherlode

Hello all,
I am downloading gfs data from the motherlode at ucar and I noticed that the
files are coming in CF-1.0.  On of the grid_mapping parameters is
earth_radius, but the units are in kilometers.  There is no tag specifying
these units.  Is there a chance that those data will be updated to CF-1.4
and the earth_radius tag will have the radius in meters?  It is difficult to
handle this programmatically without knowing the units.

kss

# ============================
Kyle Shannon
Physical Science Technician