[thredds] Remote OPENDAP dataset through WMS

Hello everyone,

I apologize in case I'm asking this in the wrong place. I have setup a
Thredds server and I'd like to offer WMS access to several remote datasets.
This remote datasets are given in OPENDAP and HTTPServer.
I cannot make the method shown
here<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/reference/WMS.html>work.

In catalog.xml I put:
<dataset name="Remote" ID="dbss_obil" serviceName="wms" urlPath="
http://localhost:8080/thredds/wms?dataset=http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/thredds/dodsC/Datasets/godas/dbss_obil.1984.nc";
dataType="Grid"/>

I already changed the threddsConfig.xml file including:
  <WMS>
    <allow>true</allow>
    <allowRemote>true</allowRemote>
  </WMS>

It gives me this error:
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/exceptions_1_3_0.xsd
"><ServiceException>
        Failed to open dataset, "
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/thredds/dodsC/Datasets/godas/dbss_obil.1984.nc?service=WMS
".
</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

So, am I trying to do something non-sense, expecting that my server should
be able to do the direct conversion from the remote .nc file to WMS? Is
there any way to do this?

Many thanks,
Harbil
  • Search the thredds archives: