[thredds] Ncml aggregation, scan, prototype dataset

Hi,

I'm using a simple time-aggregated product in my thredds setup, like:

   <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
    <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting" recheckEvery="15min">
     <variableAgg name="temperature" />
     <variableAgg name="salinity" />
<scan location="/my/path/" suffix=".nc" />
    </aggregation>

Which file will be used as prototype dataset, i.e. which dataset defines the attributes if they change? In a featurecollection, I am able to define the prototype like: protoDataset choice="Penultimate" but I couldn't find that here.

And, since the variables all have a time-dimension: is the variableAgg realy required, or does the aggregation automatically aggregate all variables having a time-dimension?

Best regards,

Heiko

--
Dr. Heiko Klein                              Tel. + 47 22 96 32 58
Development Section / IT Department          Fax. + 47 22 69 63 55

  • Search the thredds archives: