[thredds] Secondary source to thredds

Hi,

I have an automated process that uses the NetCDF Subset Service for Grids from Thredds converting a few variables to NetCDF format.

I'm looking for a secondary source I can pull in the data in case TDS is not available or for some reason the data is not available.

The variables I'm most interested in are:
Geopotential_height_surface
Precipitable_water
Pressure_surface
Geopotential_height

I would typically pull in these variables from:
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/ncss/grid/gfs-003-anl/201503/20150324/gfsanl_3_20150324_1200_003.grb/dataset.html

Is there anywhere else I can query a grib file for the interested variables or if I were to download a grib file, what would be the best tool to convert it into a NetCDF format?

Best Regards,
--Robert

  • Search the thredds archives: