Re: [thredds] common geoscience packages

Folk,

Just a note that if you install the free Anaconda python, you can very
easily create a nice geoscience (met/ocean/hydro) analysis environment
including Iris, Cartopy, NetCDF4-python, Seawater, RasterIO, Folium
and more (100+ packages).

Check out the Integrated Ocean Observing System binstar channel here:
https://binstar.org/ioos.   This channel was made possible mainly by
the work of Phil Elson and Filipe Fernandes.

Also check out these instructions for setting up a custom Anaconda
environment with  commonly used packages here:
https://github.com/ioos/conda-recipes/wiki

-Rich