[thredds] FMRC Feature Collection for HYCOM Data

HYCOM.org has NetCDF global ocean forecast data we would like to
create a FMRC Feature Collection of.

e.g. it is currently just scanned and served as individual files.

http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/catalog/GLBu0.08/expt_91.1/forecasts/catalog.html

What would the corresponding FMRC catalog code look like?

We have 3-hourly forecasts from t000 to t168 (now + 7 days) separated
into three variable files (_ssh, _ts3z, _uv3z) per forecast hour.

this is our file naming convention:

hycom_glb_911_2015081100_t000_ssh.nc
hycom_glb_911_2015081100_t000_ts3z.nc
hycom_glb_911_2015081100_t000_uv3z.nc
hycom_glb_911_2015081100_t168_ssh.nc
hycom_glb_911_2015081100_t168_ts3z.nc
hycom_glb_911_2015081100_t168_uv3z.nc

The model run date YYYYMMDDHH in included in each filename.

--
Michael McDonald
Florida State University

  • Search the thredds archives: