Re: LinearNDSet

Doug,

In the above message, you wrote:

> If I make the terrain data first, when I make the Set I get:
>
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: visad.TypeException: Set:
> Type must be SetType, RealTupleType or RealType
>         at visad.Set.adjustType(Set.java:198)
>         at visad.LinearNDSet.get_linear1d_array(LinearNDSet.java:136)
>         at visad.LinearNDSet.<init>(LinearNDSet.java:56)
>         at vmet.MM5Data.makeData(MM5Data.java:56)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at vmet.VMETServer.makeData(VMETServer.java:121)
>         at vmet.VMETServer.makeData(VMETServer.java:92)
>         at vmet.VMETServer.start(VMETServer.java:67)
>         at vmet.VMETControl.main(VMETControl.java:50)
>
> If I make the Set first, when I make the terrain I get:
>
> Couldn't initialize class QuantityDBManager
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at visad.data.netcdf.in.Util.<init>(Util.java:122)
>         at visad.data.netcdf.in.Util.newUtil(Util.java:146)
>         at visad.data.netcdf.in.DefaultView.<init>(DefaultView.java:55)
>         at
> visad.data.netcdf.in.NetcdfAdapter.<init>(NetcdfAdapter.java:58)
>         at visad.data.netcdf.Plain.open(Plain.java:153)
>         at vmet.TerrainData.makeData(TerrainData.java:37)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at vmet.VMETServer.makeData(VMETServer.java:121)
>         at vmet.VMETServer.makeData(VMETServer.java:92)
>         at vmet.VMETServer.start(VMETServer.java:67)
>         at vmet.VMETControl.main(VMETControl.java:50)

I can't address the first scenario, but the second scenario is failing
because the class visad.data.netcdf.QuantityDBManager isn't getting
properly initialized.  I don't know why.

I suggest using a debugger to catch InvocationTargetException exceptions
during the second scenario.

--------

  • Search the visad archives: