Re: Aspect of 2D-Displays

Hi Doug,

> How hard would it be to implement an aspect ratio that is independent of
> the projection matrix? (Am I correct in assuming that the box is defined
> by -1 to 1 and the aspect is manipulated by the transformation matrix?)

Your assumption is correct.  I have thought about doing what
you want, because I want it too.  However, there are some nasty
details and I just haven't had time to attack this problem.

One work around is to turn the box off using
DisplayRenderer.setBoxOn(false), then to create your own box
using a ScalarMap to Display.Shape.  You'd also need to figure
the right values for setRange() to (-1, +1) to get the range you
want in your custom box.  Axis scales would be tricky, although
Don Murray is working on something new for them.

Cheers,
Bill

  • Search the visad archives: