Re: resetting a DisplayImpl with new data

Hi Bill,

> Your code should work to display data the first time in the
> display, but will not work to replace existing data in the
> display by new data.  For that you would need (I think):
>
>   display.clearMaps();
>
> at the top of initializeMaps().
>
> Does your code work to display data the first time (i.e.,
> only fail when it comes time to replace data in the display)?

That is correct. It does work the first time.  Each subsequent read calls
initializeField() with a new file to open.  The file is opened, and the
data is read in, but the display is not updated.  I'll try
display.clearMaps() and get back to you.

-cheers, bob

Robert S Laramee        tel:    (603) 868-1361 (new as of 19 Jan '00)
9 Woodman Ave, #316     office: (603) 862-0350
Durham, NH 03828        URL:   http://www.cs.unh.edu/~rlaramee

  • Search the visad archives: