Re: controlling shading

Hi Donna,

> Yes, I'm doing that. In fact my breakpoint in the constructor for
> UnshadedRenderJ3D is getting called, as are the breakpoints for all the
> constructors for the ShadowUnshaded*****

> It's the breakpoint in makeAppearance that's never getting hit....

I screwed up when I told you to override ShadowTypeJ3D.makeAppearance(),
because it turns out to be static and cannot be overridden.

I made a not-very-well-tested change, so makeAppearance() is
no longer static (now there is an equivalent static method
named staticMakeAppearance()). Its in the *.jar files at:

  ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/visad-2.0/untested/

Please let us know if you still have problems.

Cheers,
Bill

  • Search the visad archives: