RE: .csv file

Hi Michelle,

> Attached is the csv file. I'm trying to map 7 input fields to the first and
> last string names. I tried separating the parameters in the first 2 lines
> with just blanks since that's what the documentation said: "commas should be
> avoided in the format pattern if a comma is used as he delimiter" but had
> the same error: "source could not be converted to a VisAD data object"

You attached file was:

  (GPA, Distance, Phone, Shoesize, Year, Xoffice, Yoffice)->(Firstname(Text),
Lastname(Text)),
  GPA, Distance, Phone, Shoesize, Year, Xoffice, Yoffice, Firstname(Text),
Lastname(Text)
  4,10,8479100,6,4,3,4," ""Michelle"""," ""Kam"" "
  2,3000,1234567,10,2,1,2," ""Hello"""," ""Goodbye"""
  2.5,5,5468972,8,2,4,9," ""Hi"""," ""Bye"""

The first line indicates that you intend GPA, Distance, Phone,
Shoesize, Year, Xoffice and Yoffice are all independent variables.
These sould be dependent variables. I recommend the first line be:

  (index) -> (GPA, Distance, Phone, Shoesize, Year, Xoffice, Yoffice,
Firstname(Text), Lastname(Text))

This will give you a MathType of:

  (index -> (GPA, Distance, Phone, Shoesize, Year, Xoffice, Yoffice,
Firstname(Text), Lastname(Text)))

I note that, at least in the examples at the end of README.text,
that the first lines are not really legal MathType notation?
Proper notation is (x -> y), not (x) -> (y).

But in any case, by changing you first line you should get a
more managable Data object.

Good luck,
Bill

  • Search the visad archives: