BarbRendererJ3D

Hi all,

I'm having some hassles with BarbRendererJ3D. Essentially, the barbs are
too small. calling setRange against the flow1X and flow1Y scalarmaps
helped a little, but not nearly enough. I then tried to use the
setFlowScale of FlowControl in order to increase the size of the barbs.
However, what I get is a NullPointerException, caused by the call to
setFlowScale, occurring somewhere in VisAD.

            ScalarMap flow1XMap = new ScalarMap(uType, Display.Flow1X);
            flow1XMap.setRange(-40.0, 40.0);
            //((FlowControl)flow1XMap.getControl()).setFlowScale(0.1f);
            FlowControl floop = (FlowControl)flow1XMap.getControl();
            floop.setFlowScale(0.1f);

Is a FlowControl the right way to enlarge the wind barbs?

Cheers,
-T

  • Search the visad archives: