Re: Mouse events using PickManipulationRendererJ3D (and brushing)

  • To: "Flaggs, Don" <don.flaggs@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Mouse events using PickManipulationRendererJ3D (and brushing)
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:19:01 -0600 (CST)
Hi Don,

> We're putting together an application where we're creating multiple 2D/3D
> scatterplot views of the same data using all the usual widgets, which works
> fine.  The next hurdle is adding picking so that the user can see a complete
> listing of all data associated with the picked object.  We've following the
> "cookbook" from one of your examples, and on the surface things appear to
> work.  The problem is that after using the right mouse button for picking,
> which works correctly, subsequent mouse events using other buttons are hosed,
> e.g., the left mouse now brings up the 3D cursor, and when released causes a
> doAction() to be fired.  All this of course means that the usual left mouse
> button fuctionality is lost.

Are you calling MouseHelper.setFunctionMap()?
Or MouseHelper.setEnableCombos()? Or are you
using a custom extension of MouseBehavior?
These are the only way I know to modify mouse
button behaviors. If you've found a bug, we've
never seen this sort of thing before (which
doesn't mean its impossible).

> One other thing that we've noticed is that after brushing one of the data
> fields to exclude specific data values, we still see some of the excluded
> points appearing in the display, or at least the values for them returned
> when they are picked by a getValues() call says that they're there...

How are you excluding points? By actually
constructing new Fields with those points
removed? Or merely by SelectRangeWidgets?

Thanks,
Bill

  • Search the visad archives: