Re: [visad] Save modified Images

Hi Devanshi,

> I have tried to use save method of loci.formats.out.AVIWriter
> So, byte[] will store the single file only. what if I want to store
animated
> series of images in .avi form.

Do not use loci.formats.* API. Use this method:

visad.data.bio.LociForm.save(String, Data, boolean)

> 2) And how to capture and save rotating image.

See Test50, Test51 and Test52 for examples of capturing the displayed image
of a Java2D or Java3D window or offscreen rendering.

But hooking these two things together (capturing an AVI movie of a rotating
display) is not trivial to do. You would need to capture the BufferedImages
and wrap them back into a VisAD Data object again using a
visad.ImageFlatField. There is no existing code to make this easier.

It might be easier to record your rotating image with an external screen
capture / screencast tool, depending what you need it for.

Regards,
Curtis