[conduit] Problems with GFS model data

With the 12Z upgrade to the GFS model. I have notice a serious problem with the data. Many of the fields are not smoothed and are very noisy, which is causing problems for display applications. I am attaching a couple of samples.

Is anyone else seeing these problems?

 It's as if the smoothing in the GFS post-processor smoothing is not working. I seemed to remember this happening a year or two ago after an upgrade to the GFS, but this time it seems much worse.

-Mike
--
Michael Dross
Meteorologist