[CONDUIT #CRL-213583]: CONDUIT Access

Hi Nick,

re:
> I'm a high school student interested in meteorology (specifically
> data modeling and visualization), and I was wondering if I could get
> access to the CONDUIT feed on IDD so I can experiment with different
> visualizations/renderings/etc.

We (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) typically do not feed non-'.edu' sites
or users unless providing that service has a measurable benefit to the
Unidata community as a whole.  Unfortunately, providing LDM/IDD feed(s)
to individuals almost never meets this criterion.

re:
> Let me know if this is a possibility and what data you need from me.

Since it may be possible that a Unidata participating university department
would be willing to provide one or more LDM/IDD feeds to you, we ask the
following:

- where are you physically located?

- what sort of bandwidth is available in the network on which an LDM
  REQUESTing a CONDUIT feed would run?

  The average data volume in CONDUIT is currently 3 GB/hr with peaks
  up to 8 GB/hr.  If CONDUIT users tell us that they want the 0.25 degree
  GFS added to CONDUIT, the peak data volume will increase to over
  19 GB/hr.  It is a rare home site that has the bandwidth necessary
  to ingest this much data...

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: CRL-213583