20010112: scouring NOAAPORT GINI images (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hsie,

I just did a quick listing of GINIEAST and GINIWEST 1 km VIS images
from stratus and see that you have a lot of files:

IMGLIST GINIWEST/GW1KVIS.ALL
Image file directory listing for:GINIWEST/GW1KVIS
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)

     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
 104  G-10 IMG      13 JAN 01013  19:15:00    39  117 1
IMGLIST: done

IMGLIST GINIEAST/GE1KVIS.ALL
Image file directory listing for:GINIEAST/GE1KVIS
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
  79  G-8 IMG       13 JAN 01013  19:15:00    41   88 1
IMGLIST: done

Since each file is about 25 MB, these two products are now consuming
over 4.5 GB of disk on your server.  I don't know if this is what you
intended, or if the scouring that you setup is not working (or you
havn't yet setup scouring).

I just thought that I would alert you to this situation.

Tom