Re: Decoders

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Matthew Maschmann wrote:

> Robb,
>
> I have tried the suggestions in the readme file, but they do not seem to
> work for me either.  You said I could cd to the ~ldm directory to test the
> decoders.  How exactly do I do that?

Matt,

- login as LDM  (~ldm is the LDM home dir, where ones ends up on login)
- add the path to the PATH environment var so the the deocders can be
found by the which command. Can be done in the .cshrc file, then do

% source .cshrc

Remember that all the cdl files and station files should be in the ldm/etc
directory.

Run this in the ldm home dir

% metar2nc etc/metar.cdl 0007 < "raw metar file"

could use  testdata.wmo for the raw file.

Robb...