Re: BUFR info

>To: address@hidden
>From: Espeland Hal B Contr SMC/CWD <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000815: nic.fb4.noaa.gov access

Hi Hal,

> Russ, hate to bother you again but I am interested in BUFR rather
> than GRIB (just a small potatoes guy...).. Are any of the BUFR
> tables online and are there any available shareware versions of BUFR
> decoders that you are aware of? I did find a 'Guide to FM-94
> BUFR'(Dr Stackpole was quite the writer..) but that was current to
> version 2 and I am seeing version 3 data in the FTP servers. Any
> reference would help. Thanks again.

As far as I can determine, the most recent edition is FM 94 BUFR,
which is edition 2, as documented in

  http://www.ofcm.gov/BUFR/BUFR.HTM

from the Office of the Federal Coordinator for Meteorology, see the
Publications link at

  http://www.ofcm.gov/homepage/text/pubs.htm

If there is an edition 3 and you find a reference to where it is
documented, I'd like to know about it too.

All the NWS decoders I know about can be accessed from

  http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tdl/iwt/index.htm

but unfortunately, no BUFR decoders are included yet.

--Russ