19990126: Profiler data

>From: Neil Mower <address@hidden>

>I am trying to plot wind vectors in time-height format from the wind
>profilers using GEMPAK.  I have not found a routine that will work - SNTSER
>is the only command I could find that will read the data, but this is not
>what I want.  I would be grateful for any help you can give me.  RNM.

SNCROSS and SNCROSS2 will plot time series cross sections, as well
as GARP (using the profiler data button).

When I announced the availability of 6 minute FSL profiler data on the IDD,
I included an example of using the data in sncross2:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gembud-list/1147

A sample image is shown at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/examples/profiler/

Steve Chiswell