19990309: gcc for gempak

Chris,

You can probably use gcc as a compliant C compiler, however you
also need Sun's fortran compiler. Generally, you get both compilers
on the same cdrom, and most universities can obtain these very cheaply.

The /usr/ucb/cc compiler absolutely will not work. The Sparcworks
compilers are generally installed in /opt/SUNWspro/bin.

Gcc is usually installed with hardlinks to cc in /usr/local/gnu/bin.
If you don't have the links to cc, then either create them or
define gcc instead of cc in $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.sol.

Steve Chiswell