19990820: Gempak distribution

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Tony-

>Can you tell me the ftp address of the gempak distribution along with the
>user name and password?

machine: ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user: gbuddy
pass: XXXXXX

Lastest distribution file:

nawips-5.4/gempak54upc_pl12.tar.gz

Create a directory in /home/gempak named NAWIPS-5.4 and download
the file above to that directory.  Follow the instructions at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/GEMPAK5.4/Install_gempak5.4.html

Unpack the distribution using:

  gunzip -c gempak54upc_pl12.tar.gz | tar xvf -

Use the Makeinc.x86 file that I sent in my previous note when you get
to that part.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Don