19991210: sat colorbar with gprcm

>From: address@hidden (Chris Hennon)

>Hi Steve.
>
>I'm making radar/satellite overlays with gprcm and it appears that I have
>control over all of the colors except for the labels for the satellite IR
>colorbar.  Since I'm using a white background by default it is hard to
>read the temperatures since it appears they are automatically allocated as
>the first color in the table (vanilla).  Can I control the color of these
>labels?
>
>Chris

Chris,

The colorbar information for satellite pictures is actually hardcoded into
the $GEMPAKHOME/src/gemlib/im/imdrop.f routine (3 lines from the bottom)
to use color 1 for the colorbar.

The easiest way to set the satellite colorbar color from vanilla to
something else is to run the gpcolor program and set color 1 to
something that displays better on a white background, for example:
colors=1=blue

In reality, the clrbar should inherit the same information that is used for
the radar image- but you'll notice that gpmap didn't provide the colorbar
option for satfil and radfil. I'll look into a change for this in
the future.

Steve Chiswell