20000503: LDM PIPE Question

>From: James Hayes <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>Thanks for the info.
>
>The text data is being triggered out of the AWIPS database and left in
>a directory on the HP machine running the LDM.  I suppose this data
>most closely resembles the NOAAport data.
>
>Is it possible to get the decoders that would recognize this data and
>decode it correctly?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim Hayes
>NWS Gray ME

Jim,
We do not have software to recognize the data without the delimeters since
the decoders need to know where the start and end of a bulletin
are in a stream of bulletins (off the satellite, in a PIPE stream, etc.).

If you are inserting the products 1 at a time, you could create a simple program
to create the FOS wrapper. If you are catting a bunch of reports out of
your database then it would probably be trickier unless you could guarantee
a certain format...which given the number of ways things can appear is probably
going to cause problems down the road.

Steve Chiswell